Can a Vitamin Help With Hair Growth?
One of the main factors of hair loss and slow hair growth is lack of vitamins and minerals. Unless you focus on eating very healthy you are going to short yourself on certain things your hair needs to be healthy. What we can't get from our diet we should supplement with vitamins. Just keep in mind not any vitamin will do you need vitamins specifically for hair growth.
Vitamins are easy simply take them daily as recommended. You should start to see results within 4-6 weeks. There are certain ingredients in a vitamin for hair growth that you should look for. So we will talk about the top 10 things your hair growth vitamin should have.
- Niacin - Also known as vitamin B3 helps regulate the metabolic rate of new cells which can help new hair develop faster. It can be found in liver, avocados, nuts, mushrooms, vegimite, chicken, dates, whole grains and beer.
- Cobalamin - Also known as vitamin B12 helps in the metabolism of each cell which means faster growth and regeneration. It can be found in beef liver, turkey giblets, pork liver sausage, raw oysters , kind crab, raw clams, chicken giblets and swiss cheese.
- Pantothenic Acid - Also know as vitamin B6 helps synthesize proteins which is what the hair is made of. It can be found in whole grain, meat, broccoli and avocados.
- Folic Acid - Also know as Vitamin B9 helps repair damage to cells and in cell division. It can be found in spinach, beans, egg yolks, bakers yeast, pasta, sunflower seeds, liver and kidneys.
- Biotin - Also know as Vitamin B7 helps metabolize fatty acids and aids in new cell growth. It can be found in raw egg yolk, liver, and peanuts.
- Chlorophyll - Helps increase the oxygen level in cells, and is a great antioxidant. Can be found in any leafy green fruit or vegetable.
- Iodine - Helps regenerate certain types of acids in the body helps regulate hormones. It can be found in kelp, sea food and certain plants.
- Zinc Oxide - Is a natural antibacterial and also help guard against UV damage.
- PABA - Also know as 4 - Aminobenzoic Acid helps with skin disorders and other nutritional problems.
- Isoleucine - Is an essential amino acid. It must be ingested it is made of a proteins from plants and animals. It can be found in eggs, soy protein, seaweed, turkey, chicken and lamb.
Now that you know what to look for in hair growth vitamins and what each ingredient does it will be easier to make an educated decision. There are lots of different educational materials out there to learn more about the ingredients that go into your vitamins. Follow this link for tips for faster hair growth. So do your homework and find a growth vitamin that will work for you.